This is what my friend who got married yesterday said to me a week ago. We were discussing her wedding, which took place at the Museum of Science in Boston. She mentioned that most people choose to get married in a place of worship, though she and her now-hubbie aren't religious. "But the museum is sort of our own place of worship."
Spoken like a true Tufts nerd.
There is no way to describe yesterday's festivities except to say that it was probably the most unique wedding I'll ever attend. The wedding took place smack in the middle of the exhibits at the museum. The wedding party (including lovely bridesmaid Anny, who has a new blog) began their walks down the aisle by first coming down the museum's escalator. Which sounds weird in theory, but in practice was awesome as shit and really beautiful.
The bride and groom had written their own vows. The groom was talking about how much he loved his wife-to-be, and how he even loved everything that reminded him of her. He said, "On a graph of everything I love in this world..." at which point the entire crowd erupted into laughter because the best man was holding up, well, a huge posterboard with a graph. The groom then took a few minutes to explain the graph. It was absolutely hilarious yet really sweet at the same time.
The rest of the wedding involved drinking, some really endearing family traditions and speeches, a wedding party line dance performance choreographed by the maid of honor, and of course, the requisite photo of all the Tufts graduates. I'm super pumped for the picture to appear in the Tufts magazine along with all the other wedding photos. Except I'm pretty sure ours will be the only one taken with the backdrop of a dinosaur skeleton.
Oh how I love weddings.
6 comments:
I'm not a huge fan of weddings, but that sounds amazing. The escalators thing is such a cute idea!
What a cool wedding. I just recently found out that you can have weddings there, what a coincidence!
Ha, you forgot to mention how I overslept, abandoned you at breakfast, and forced you to buy a new bus ticket to go up to Boston by yourself. You are classy!
awww... Their wedding sounds absolutely lovely. Very cool :)
That sounds amazing. I love the graph haha. Something Dave and his nerd friends would do.
OMFG that sounds like it was the coolest wedding ever!!!
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?