That's right. I love pajamas. Fleece ones flannel ones cotton ones every kind of ones.
Though I have finally grown out of the college mentality of "I can wear pajamas ANYWHERE!", it doesn't mean I love pajamas any less. It just means I don't wear them on CVS runs or to class or to the grocery store.
I should note, however, that I have no problem running errands in sweatpants. Sweatpants (at least the ones I own) look pretty normal. It's the dark blue with white snowflakes pants that I won't leave the house in. Progress, people. Progress.
The sad truth is, I just don't like regular clothes. Despite my success at 7 straight days of NOT dressing like a slob, I kind of like dressing like a slob. Jeans just don't do it for me. And while I do enjoy cleaning up in a nice dress, it's usually accompanied by uncomfortable shoes or hosiery or a strapless bra that won't stay up or having to flat iron my hair and risk getting burn marks on my neck that look like a vampire bit me (can't make this up, people) or SOMETHING to make me feel less than 100% at home.
If I'm going to be home for any lengthy period of time, I will be wearing pajamas. Even in the middle of the day. Example: Yesterday I woke up, lounged around, etc. I changed into gym clothes and went to go pump some iron (ROAR). I came home around 3:30 and, after showering, changed back into pajamas.
Why? Because I had no plans to leave the house any more that day. And I didn't. So why should I waste a nice shirt and normal pants when I can be super cozy while watching the Grammys (which were mostly boring, and did anyone else notice how GOD AWFUL Taylor Swift's posture is? Hunchback of Notre DUMB, that girl is) (chuckling at my cleverness) (heh).
And flying? Forget it. I will fly in sweatpants unless there's a damn good reason not to. I know earlier I made it seem like sweatpants and pajamas were different. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they're not. Roll with me here.
I assume I'm not the only one like this. Pro-PJs. 4eva! Is anyone with me?
I will leave you with an ode that I wrote to my sweatpants during my sophomore year of college. I was on an ode-writing kick. Which maybe I'll revive some day.
Ode to My Sweatpants
To start off our story, back a few weeks we must skip
When I was making one of my usual Carmichael late night trips.
My friend Penelope was wearing some pajamas
(Her favorite animals are elephants, surely not llamas).
The sweatpants she wore looked very cozy
They put a smile on her face and made her cheeks rosy.
I went back to my dorm and began to muse
"A pair of good sweatpants is what I could use!"
So about a week ago I went to the bookstore
And found exactly that which I had looked for.
Some navy blue sweatpants with Tufts written small
In a perfect size - not too short or too tall.
And since these wonderful pants have been in my possession,
They have become my newest obsession.
When I go to sleep and its cold outside,
I wear my sweatpants to bed with pride.
When I'm lounging around my room by day,
My sweatpants are never far away.
Such comfortable clothing you never have worn
They are my favorite thing to adorn.
My sweatpants are always there for me like no boy has ever been
Though they are an inanimate object, my heart they sure did win.
My pants have been to Cousen's Gym and to the dining hall,
To Brown n' Brew and to Olin, but never to the mall.
My roomie Rhonda was a nonbeliever - she didn't understand
Though she did support my purchase of those without the ankle band.
But now she sees the joy that they give me, I think she feels alone,
Because now she's thinking of going out and buying a pair of her own!
If you do not own sweatpants, I suggest you give them a try
They aren't very expensive, definitely worth the buy.
Penelope dear, I owe you my life for the idea that is truly gold,
To buy sweatpants that really have enriched my mind, my body, my soul.
8 comments:
I love PJs too, but I am wary of putting them on before 6 pm. Because once they are on, there is no leaving the house even if it is a dire emergency because I will NOT change back into regular clothes.
I love my pyjamas too. But I wouldn't leave the house in them!
i'm wearing sweatpants right now as i'm reading this. and i'm loving it.
i doubt i could write such a fantastic ode to mine though...
I've often said that the world would be a better place if we could all wear our pj's all day long.
PJ lovers, UNITE!
I don't spend a lot of money on PJs but I do love them. SO COMFY
I am sometimes so gross that I won't change PJ pants for a WHOLE WEEKEND if I'm not going anywhere.
GROSS.
love the ode to pajamas!
They make me too hot when I sleep. PASS
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?