The Nerds: Arielle and Lacey
The Task: Watch all 6 Harry Potter movies in
The Props: Wands, Harry Potter glasses, Slanket-robe, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, a Marauder's Map, Sorting Hat, Golden Snitches, and much more
The Twitter Hashtag: harrypotterfestathon
Lacey's Day 1 liveblog is here. Pictures will be on Facebook in a few days.
Saturday, January 2nd
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
12:08 PM: LET THE GAMES BEGIN
12:10 PM: Old Dumbledore sucks. I mean, I'm sorry he died but I like the new guy better
12:17 PM: Daniel Radcliffe is so tiny! He doesn't look like the kind of guy who would grow up to show people his...other...wand. Mhmm.
12:21 PM: Lacey: "How big do you think what's his name (Hagrid) is in real life?" IMDB says: 6'1".
12:33 PM: Harry is wand shopping. We have wands too! Lacey's wand: Balsam wood with a hamster hair core. My wand: California Redwood with emu feather core.
12:45 PM: BABY RON IS SO CUTE! I want to hug him.
12:50 PM: Does anyone know what Draco Malfoy's real hair color is? No? Okay.
12:58 PM: I look over and Lacey is sitting with wand at the ready. "I'm ready to swish and flick."
1:02 PM: I LOVE TIM TAMS! Lacey refuses to do the Tim Tam Slam with her coffee.
1:13 PM: "It's leviOsa, not levioSA." Smartass.
1:26 PM: First Quidditch game! Lacey: "Should I throw the snitch across the room so it flies?" Arielle: "I was just about to do that."
2:18 PM: How awesome would it be to be able to put your hands on someone and have them collapse into a ball of dust and rocks? I can think of a few people I'd like to do that to.
2:25 PM: At the awarding of the House Cup, long after Lacey and I have determined that she would be in Hufflepuff and I would be in Ravenclaw. Lacey: "Hufflepuff kind of sucks."
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2:32 PM: On to the next!
2:50 PM: Lacey is still drinking the same coffee. It is definitely not hot anymore. Gross.
3:00 PM: My attention to HP2 wanes slightly for a few minutes as I try unsuccessfully to solve a puzzle on the back of a box of Nerds.
3:07 PM: Pulling mandrakes! We totally did this at the Harry Potter exhibit.
3:35 PM: Dobby is sort of like the Burger King king guy in that they both just kind of creepily show up in random places. Dislike.
4:18 PM: It's okay Ron, I wouldn't want to follow the spiders either. *shudder*
4:22 PM: This is why I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor. If I were surrounded by spiders I would explode and die.
4:33 PM: Lacey is reading the wikipedia entry on Hogwarts staff and reciting to me random facts.
4:37 PM: Gilderoy Lockhart is a douche.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
5:10 PM: Third movie, 5 hours in, still going strong.
5:34 PM: Lupin is pushing that chocolate on Harry like he gets a cut of the profits or something
5:48 PM: I think Draco Malfoy just called Buckbeak a chicken. Heh. Heheh.
5:52 PM: My bogart would take the shape of a butterfly. I hate butterflies. Lacey is unclear as to what her bogart would be.
6:04 PM: Draco's eyebrow raise move that he does sometimes is kind of sexy.
6:59 PM: How pimp would it be to have a time turner? I would do so much awesome shit.
7:20 PM: Break to order dinner and shmooze with Dave, who pretty much just got here but is leaving ASAP so as to escape the house of Nerd.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
7:43 PM: Aaaand we're back. With Chinese food on the way. Delicious.
7:48 PM: OMG ITS RPATTZ AHHHH. Cedric Diggory 4EVA! This is a Twilight-free event, friends.
8:06 PM: Food is here! Food that isn't Tostitos! Or Nerds! Or Tim Tams! Hooray!
8:36 PM: I feel good now that I'm a little less full of sugar and a little more full of MSG.
8:51 PM: We just paused the movie to watch a youtube video of a song called Pensieve Diggory. WHAT THE FUCK. People like this make me feel better about my level of nerdiness.
9:23 PM: I would so suck ass at the Triwizard Tournament.
9:28 PM: Dude these mermaids are MEAN. I promise you, we are not all angry kidnappers.
10:10 PM: Barty Crouch Jr.'s reptilian tongue flick is creepy. Is he part lizard? The world will never know.
10:21 PM: End of Day 1.
4 comments:
House of Nerd - hahaha, love it!
I am very jealous of your day, sounds like great fun. Hope Day 2 goes equally well...
I still havent taken the signs or Marauders map down. I think I'll wait until Dave makes me.
AWESOME! For some reason, in my group of friends, I'm the only one totally Harry Potter obsessed or I would totally attempt a Harry Potter Marathon of Awesomeness. Maybe I just need new friends...
Wow.
thats ALOT of harry potter.
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?