Bloggers are fiesty!

For real. P is all on my top of my shit in response to my last post being like, "Bowling is nice but wtf were you GOING to blog about?" and Erica was all, "What happened with that hot guy in your class?" You guys don't miss anything. Hot damn.

Actually, I love people for keeping me in line, though I totally WAS going to write the intended blog post from before. But before I do that, the hot guy update.

Friends, class last week went almost EXACTLY how I said it would. I walked into class, and as I approached my seat, I made a light-hearted comment to hot guy about the fact that he was clearly doing reading at 6:59 that was due at 7:00. He put the reading down to talk to me, and we chatted for a few minutes before class started. I filled him in on what he had missed the week before (nothing), and he told me why he missed class (corporate luxury box at the Celtics game). Then class started. Then class ended. And we both left. The end.

Anywayyyy. What I was GOING to post about before is that I am instituting not one, but TWO "see if you can do something for x amount of days" challenges into my life. Both came about separately but I'm going to be doing them sort of simultaneously.

NUMBER ONE.

No soda for the month of December. This actually started out as "no Diet Coke for the month of December" since that's mostly all the soda I drink, but I don't want to cheat and allow myself Diet. Dr. Pepper (which I do have on occasion) and think it's okay. I don't actually think I drink an obscene amount of the delicious DC but I definitely drink more than I used to and I will NOT get addicted to caffeine. And no, I'm not planning on taking up coffee instead, cheater mccheatsalots out there. This is something I've been thinking about for a month or 2, and now is that time to make it happen. Will I make it through? I doubt it, but I'll give it a try.

NUMBER TWO.

I am going to NOT dress like a hot messy mess for 7 days. Starting tomorrow. If I leave the house, I WILL make effort to have some kind of outfit that looks put together. Except when I leave to go to the gym. Gym clothes are gym clothes, people. I will hopefully take pictures of my outfits and post them here. This challenge is going to be particularly hard because a) I have no idea how to put together a cute outfit, b) as I mentioned once before, I walk to school and sneakers do not generally constitute a nice outfit, and c) I do not have any pairs of jeans (or other pants, actually) that fit properly because they are all too big. So if 6 of my 7 outfits involve skirts and flat boots, then...whatever, it counts. Despite these setbacks, I will prevail! Maybe. Hopefully. Also, I realized that I think some bloggers have already attempted this challenge once upon a time? I wonder how that went. Anyhoo. This challenge came about when I used my ATL (Ann Taylor Loft, yo) gift card yesterday to buy THE CUTEST DRESS OF ALL TIME THAT I COULD WEAR OVER JEANS IF I HAD JEANS WITHOUT BUTT SAG.

I shall keep everyone posted on my progress on both fronts. And I know that if I don't, some of you out there will crack the whip and remind me. =)

5 comments:

Bayjb said...

No soda? Wow you are strong. I only have soda 1-2 times a week and I look forward to it EVERY WEEK. No joke.

P said...

Good luck with not drinking soda. I think I have about four or five cans a day. At least. Could not give it up. If you manage this, I will be soooo impressed.

And as for the hot guy . . . give it time. You never know . . . ;)

Erica said...

Look, I know what's important.

I have been meaning to make the same "don't dress like a slob challenge" to myself! I am dressed like an adult today (kinda) but I can't post pictures and stuff, because my co-workers read my blog, and its too embarassing to have pictures of what I am wearing, when it's really just "Look guys! I have on a watch today. AND eyeliner."

thatShortchick said...

good luck on the no soda thing! I have a moutain dew once a week at work and I almost want to make out it once I take my first sip. but I'm slowly finding a way to accept the dreariness that is water.

Anonymous said...

I actually just mentioned to my husband that I wanted to stay off soda for a year. Because I am crazy and don't drink it that often. Maybe I should try a month and see how that goes first though...Good luck!

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?