Defending my wallet, my food, and my honor

Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Some of you are probably aware that I just returned from a week-long vacay in Martha's Vineyard. It was a lovely week of getting a completely uneven tan, eating delicious food, and hanging out with 2 guys who are wonderful but who pick on me like I'm their little sister (the fact that I'm a few months older than both of them didn't stop me from calling them "my big brothers" all week).

For some reason, my 2 friends/pseudo-brothers liked to make fun of me because I insisted on taking home my leftovers after we would go out to eat. My rationale was that I don't have a job right now, and so if I were to eat my leftovers instead of paying for another meal, I'd save money. I still stand by this logic, but for some reason they insisted on poking fun at me and pretending that they were never going to let me eat any of the food I brought home.

On one overcast day, instead of going to the beach we decided to play some beer pong. And it was decided WITHOUT MY INPUT that in advance of each game, we would choose one of my leftover meals to be on the line, and the winner of that game would get to determine what happened to that food. They both laughed their evil big brother laughs about how they were going to set my sandwich or my chimichanga on fire.

So I played one guy, and then I played the other one. And I'm sure you know what happened.


Damn straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?