My best friend's wedding

Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I'm sure everyone is dying to hear about Lacey's wedding and here is my best attempt at a recap. Lacey is probably still processing the fact that she's married and the blogworld deserves to hear about it sooner rather than later because it was a pretty kick ass wedding if I do say so myself. And I do.

Our weekend started off with mani/pedis, going out to lunch, checking into Lacey's suite at the hotel and then a lovely no-rehearsal-just-dinner (as you can see, I'm fast forwarding through some of the less important parts).

We woke up early on WEDDING DAYYYY to start hair and makeup. More and more people kept arriving and the suite was all abuzz with people ooh-ing and aah-ing and feasting on minieggs, AKA the best Easter candy of all time.


Eventually it was time to head over to the country club to start pictures. Lacey had to keep her gown safe in the car on the way there.


There were bridesmaid pictures and groomsmen pictures and family pictures and I don't have any of this documented since, you know, I wasn't the photographer. BUT, here is a pic of the super sexy non-family bridesmaids that was taken while the family pictures were going on.


Then all of a sudden it was WEDDING TIIIIIIIME. I obviously don't have any pictures of this either but the ceremony was super nice. We processed in to a band (comprised of Dave's friends) playing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" which sounded absolutely amazing (video on Facebook), and while Lacey was coming down the aisle, the bridesmaids couldn't help but have a dance party in the front since the music was good and no one was looking at us anyway.

Cocktail hour was, you know, cocktail hour-y. And then we had to make our wedding party entrances for the reception, and me and my escort Joe decided that it was only appropriate to do the pound and super explode (you know, we pound but the force was SO STRONG that we both go flying backwards) and after we did it the bridesmaid who had gone ahead of us was all, "That was amazing."

After the first dance (during which 4 of us single bridesmaids sandwiched Lacey and Dave) we all sit down, and the DJ says it's time for speeches and I'm all, "HOLY CRAP PANIC." But then when it was my turn I stopped being nervous and was just like, "LET'S DO THIS THAAAANG" and my speech pretty much went about as well as I could have hoped for it to go. Which it to say it went exactly as I wanted it to. So, hooray. And then Dave sang a song he wrote for Lacey with the band and I couldn't hear the words to save my life but I'm sure it was very sweet and probably went something like "Lacey is awesome, she don't look like a possum." (I am obviously pursuing songwriting as a career). Seriously, I bet the song was great. Here is Lacey (doesn't she look awesome?) and my co-MOH Allison watching The Dave.


And then it was PARTY TIME. We drank and ate and danced and took silly pictures in the super awesome photobooth and nonsense (of only the good variety) abounded. Here is an assortment of pictures from the rest of the night.

























































I took a ton of pictures so this is only a small sampling of what went on. But needless to say, everyone had a good time, Lacey and Dave were super happy, and WOOHOO, WEDDING!!!!

I was pretty ecstatic to be a part of the wedding for someone who I've known for 21 years (!), especially because she married someone so fabulous and great. I wanted to get a picture of the 3 of us but I guess I was too busy doing the running man, caring for my face after my lovely friend drunkenly BIT ME, and of course, ceeeeeelebrating good times (come on!). So here is one of me and the lovely bride.


YAYYYY.

8 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Megan said...

Aw, everything looks so lovely! Also, the Viking helmet and green alien-eating-one's-head hat? Pure genius. I love that the bridesmaids had coordinating but not matchy-matchy dresses, too.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Sounds like a great time! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Bayjb said...

You guys look great! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Susan said...

So fun!

P said...

Looks like such a fun wedding - if I ever get married (which is probably unlikely) I would like it to go something like that.

Love that pic of you and Lacey, you both look gorgeous. :)

thatShortchick said...

great pictures and love that all of the bridesmaids got to wear their own style of dress!

Katelin said...

aw this is such a great recap,love all the fun pics!!

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?