Hey kiddos! Caz here from over at Cherry Blossoms and Vodka. So now that I've totally ostracized my readers by talking too much about obscure Australian music that no one outside of Oz really cares about, I figured I'd do my best to entertain you guys. And I promise I won't talk about music, despite the fact I'm watching this fricken hilarious Aussie musical quiz show (that sounds WAY more nerdy than it is).
Anyway Arielle's away in Russia? Yeah I think she's in Russia... Regardless I know pretty much nothing about Northern Asia besides that my bff went to St Petersburg and saw people walking their pet BEARS in the street. Oh and my college-tequila-bff was from Bulgaria and always gave me delicious feta. So there, Arielle, I hope you're enjoying copious amounts of vodka, while eating feta and watching bears on leashes in the street. Along with learning MBA-esque things of course.
So, since I know nothing about where Arielle currently is, I'm going to take advantage of all you wonderful US bloggers and pick your brain about a few things.
Despite my lack of Russian knowledge, I have travelled a fair bit. All across Canada, England, Scotland, France, New Zealand, Australia... I haven't however been anywhere cool in the USA.
Now, I admit that pre-blogging, and pre-Obama I didn't really have much desire to see much of the USA. I'd been to Sarasota, Florida (aka Canadian-Retiree's-ville) and through all respective states to get there (Michigan, New York, Virginia, North/South Carolina, Georgia?) and I'd been to Vermont to go snowboarding. Once I moved to Vancouver, AB and I road-tripped down to Seattle for a music-festival for a day. And we spent 4-hours driving around LA during a layover. Oh I've also spent 12 unexpected hours in San Fran also on a layover.
However, now that I've 'met' all these hilarious and awesome bloggers I'm way more excited to visit more of the good ole' USA. Of course, I now live across the world and plane tix are prohibitively more expensive so I can't participate in meet-ups like Vegas, Chicago, New York, DC etc. etc.
So, instead of me bragging about all the cool things I do in Australia (because, I admit I do that a lot. Sorry.) I want YOU to brag about YOUR city. Tell me WHY I should visit Boston, New York, LA, or small-town Missisipi, Wisconson (did I even spell that right?) or Texas.
Because when I spend 6 months going on a huge USA road-trip (who wants to come?) I'm counting on you to tell me where to go!
7 comments:
uhm, swing by vancouver to start off this road trip please.
i'm IN.
RI is boring and full of old people. lolz. I love living here!
wisconSIN, but nice try, haha. you don't really want to go there unless you like cows, lots of open land, and waterparks. wisconsin has a lot of waterparks.
new york city is just cliche, but it is a city you should definitely see if you haven't already. i wouldn't recommend staying more than a few days, the people here are so...depressing and tourists just annoy them.
i don't have anything good to say, i guess. time for me to get out of new york!
go to arizona, it's hot, beautiful, and there's tons to see (grand canyon, sedona, art galleries, phoenix, the border, etc)
Well I was born and raised in Kansas. Yes, home of Dorothy and Toto, wheat, sunflowers and farmland. It can be pretty but the I-70 going through it is only nice on the east side, the western side is all flat flat flat and brown brown brown. I now live in Colorado and we have some absolutely beautiful places. Aspen, Vail, Estes Park are all typical places and beautiful in the fall when the leaves change. I live in the Denver area (outside of it) and prefer it that way. Denver has too many people for me so I like that I can get there in about 20 minutes and also GET THE HELL OUT. Mesa Verde Park in the southwest corner of the state is beautiful too down by Durango--I think that's the town it's near.
I've been wanting to do more travelling around the US since I started blogging too! The only place I've been is L.A. and San Diego and we did all the touristy things there--disneyland, san diego zoo, seaworld etc. All of those things were SO fun but I definitely want to see more of the US. I'd love to go to the eastern part and visit NY!
Hmm, I thought I left a post on this yesterday but I don't see it. I checked back to see where others thought you should visit!
I'm from Iowa - great place to live, not as much fun to visit. The quality of life is fantastic but as a visitor, it'd be hard to see the perks.
NYC is sort of a 'must see'. There's food, people, and quick public transport. It's expensive though and difficult to see on a budget.
A few US cities I'd recommend - Baltimore, Houston, Providence, Colorado Springs, Louisville, Minneapolis and Portland. I think visiting all of those places would give you a nice taste of everything. Also, I LOVE Gatlingburg, TN.
laurwilk -Thanks for the ideas! This US vacay is obviously just a dream at the moment considering I'm SO far away, but it's good to have 1st hand recommendations to hang on to.
amber -I've been lucky enough to see more of the east US than I have the west. It just wasn't a focus when I was in uni (plus I was broke)
TCMCS -Colorado has always appealed to me! I think it's the mountains and skiing thing, as well as having met some very wonderful and like-minded people from that state.
WKS -Arizona's somewhere I've never known much about. But I've seen photos around Sedona and the hiking just seems like it would be fabulous!
Sarah -OF COURSE my darling. But I think you need to come to Oz for a road trip first off. We can drive along the ocean and through the desert and sing along to stupid songs and be those "typical backpackers". But we won't get killed like in Wolf Creek I promise!
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?