The day of the free bra, the unlimited vodka shots, and everything in between

Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Also known as, #laceyandarielle'smostfundayinNYCeverevereverrrrr. Or something like that.

As much as I hate the deathly heat that sometimes comes with an NYC summer, I LOVE SUMMER IN NYC. This is an example of why.

Weekend recap:

Thursday: open bar happy hour to support the charity of 2 friends who are running triathlons this summer. Too many drinks.

Friday: Museum of Sex, followed by delicious Korean fried chicken at Bon Chon, followed by overpriced drinks at swanky, way-too-trendy for me rooftop bar 230 Fifth.

Saturday: CRAZY AWESOME LACEYANDARIELLE FUN DAYYYYYY

- Started off with the Perfect Cup event, where we ate free cups of Skinny Cow ice cream, got fitted for bras (get the cup theme?) and received a coupon for a free bra. We also got goody bags, wine, and took pictures with silly props. ALL FOR FREE. I love free.

- Walked the High Line, what used to be ugly elevated train tracks and is now this gorgeously unique park.

- Saw an inflatable park for kids with this AMAZING MUSHROOM BOUNCY CASTLE!!! Don't pretend you don't want to jump in this thing.


- Delicious slushy drinks from the Kelvin Slush truck.

- The richest, most intense pizza I've ever eaten at Artichoke.

- To digest the insanely delicious but filling pizza, we went to one of my favorite NYC summer staples, a street fair. And sadly could not eat any yummy street fair food. Next time, Gadget. Next time.

- We still had a ton of time to kill before the rest of our day, so we ended up at the Manhattan Mall, trying on ugly dresses.


Unfortunately you can't see the full awesome extent of the leopard print BUTT CAPE attached to the back of this dress. BUTT CAPE!!

- We sat outside at the lovely Beerparc, drinking...iced coffee. Not beer. Whatever.

- Went back to the street fair where I bought this fedora. I am probably never going to wear it because I'm not cool enough. Seriously, can someone come over and dress me in a fedora-appropriate outfit? I really want to wear this thing but I AM NOT TRENDY and have no sense of style. HELP.


- Met up with 2 more people for dinner at Vanessa's Dumpling House. Cheap and delicious.

- Then...DUN DUN DUN. Mehanata, a Bulgarian themed bar, for the ICE CAGE. They dress you in Russian military outfits, give you a shot glass made of ice, put you in a cold room with about 20 bottles of vodka, and let you go to town for 2 minutes. It is frantic. But it is fun. And then maybe you do 4 shots before you run out of time. Which is probably for the better because I won't pretend I needed more than 4 shots.

You can sort of see the ice cage on the right (not really), and the weird naked mannequin things that were sprinkled throughout this winter wonderland themed floor of the bar. It was the weirdest ish ever.

- After this bar, Lacey left (BOO) and the rest of us went to find somewhere else to go. We were stopped on the street by a woman handing out buy one get one free drink fliers for a bar down the street, and thus we spent the rest of the our night at that bar.

Well, this post is getting long but let's just briefly recap Sunday: went to a beer tasting, then partied it up for NYC pride which is the most amazing, celebratory, no-judgment-even-if-you-wear-a-thong-as-pants (not me, obviously) party. Tried to go to a gay club and the bouncer said he could reduce the obscene $25 cover for the 3 guys in our party, but not for the 2 girls. I couldn't even be mad considering how many times the reverse has happened.

The end.

I love New York. And I don't understand why, with summer weekends like these, more people don't come visit. Ahem, everyone.

5 comments:

Suburban Sweetheart said...

Guh. WHY DO I LIVE IN SUCH A LAME PLACE?

nicole antoinette said...

I keep forgetting to go to the High Line. Next time. NEXT TIME.

Lacey Bean said...

AH. MAY. ZING.

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

I'm so jealous of your day. Makes me miss you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Highline!

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?