No Doubt concert

Monday, June 29, 2009
On Saturday night, Lacey, 2 others and I went to a No Doubt concert at Jones Beach. And let me tell you something:

IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING.

For realz. Lacey and I went to our first No Doubt concert 13 years ago, and it was pretty exciting back then because it was the first concert I ever went to that was of MY choosing (as opposed to being dragged to my parents' concerts). Plus, Tragic Kingdom was the first CD I ever owned.

I'm pretty sure that in the last 13 years, Gwen Stefani has aged..not at all. Apparently getting married and having 2 children is the way to get some hot ass abs. Maybe the key is having your hubby be a sexy British grungey sexy sexy rocker man (hi, Gavin, call me!).

Anyhoo, so Lacey has a fuller review of the concert on her blog, but seriously, it was the kind of concert where even if your feet hurt from standing and you're nauseous afterwards from beer + jumping up and down for 1.5 hours and your throat hurts from screaming and you're SO TIRED but you don't get home until 4 hours after the concert is over, you still want to do it ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE IT WAS THAT DAMN GOOD.

The No Doubt show got me thinking about some of the better concerts that I've been to in my life. I made a list of all the concerts I can remember going to, and I have 43. I'm going to assume that I'm forgetting some, so we'll make it a nice even 50. Out of those 50, I'm going to try to rank the top 5. This should be interesting.

1. Linkin Park, February 2008. I wrote a review of this concert on my old blog. I waited 7 f'in years to see them live and it was SO WORTH IT.

2. Weezer, Summer 2003. I was at the peak of my Weezer obsession at this time. We tailgated in the pouring rain and had crappy ass seats and I still wanted to jump on stage and molest Rivers Cuomo.

3. No Doubt, June 2009. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

4. Guster/Ben Folds/Rufus Wainwright, Summer 2004. I actually didn't remember much about this concert but in going through my old OLD blog I had a post about this show and I was totally gushing and said it was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. So, that's that. Guster and Ben always put on fab shows.

5. H2O, sometime in early 2002. This one is sort of random because I had never even heard of H2O and I don't usually enjoy concerts as much if I don't know the music. I pretty much got conned into going because my friend told me that a guy I had a crush on was going. However, we pushed our way to the front and totally rocked out and I LOVED IT even though the only song I knew was their Like A Prayer cover. I can't even say that I liked it because that guy was there, because right after the concert he told me he wanted me to hook him up with another one of my friends that had been there.

I have to give an honorable mention to Barenaked Ladies, because even though they didn't make the top 5, their shows are always awesome. Totally one of those bands that's just meant to perform live. I've seen them twice and had a blast both times.

5 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

A friend of mine saw No Doubt recently too and had pretty much the same reaction as you. They must be killin it!

nicole antoinette said...

Um, I would DIE to go to a No Doubt concert. Tragic Kingdom was my soundtrack for YEARS.

Bayjb said...

So f*cking jealous about that concert. I must get tickets for the CHicago show....and find someone to go with me.

Susan said...

That must have been awesome! You're right, Gwen doesn't age!

P said...

I saw Linkin Park back in 2003 and absolutely loved them, it's still one of my favourite concerts.

I would LOVE to see No Doubt but sadly they don't seem to be playing in the UK. Fingers crossed though...

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?